Kid View: Wildwood by Colin Meloy (Wildwood Chronicles, book #1)
“Holding him flat against the Plinth with one hand, the Governess began her ritual”
With beautiful illustrations and a story to match, Wildwood glues your eyes to the book in wonder of what happens next. If you like fiction and fantasy books with a bit of suspense, this is the book for you. Being the first book in the Wildwood Chronicles, I would say it is a great story to kick off the series. However I feel the first half of the book wasn’t as exciting and action-packed as the the second half, but overall it was a great book. At the book’s heart it is about love, Prue cares a lot about her brother so she goes into the woods after him. This book puts an interesting twist on reality and fantasy. It shows that there can still be magic in the real world. With the beautiful illustrations by Carson Ellis that intertwine into the story, I think makes the setting very clear to the reader. Colin Meloy definitely makes you feel as if you were with Prue and Curtis on their wonderful and treacherous journeys. Overall I think this is a great book for all, kids, tweens, teens, and even adults!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn small a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Kid View: Cinder by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles, book #1) - May 3, 2018
- Kid View: The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Bracken (The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding series, book #1) - April 19, 2018
- Kid View: The Silver Mask by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare (Magisterium series, book #4) - April 2, 2018
- Kid View: The Crown’s Fate by Evelyn Skye (The Crown’s Game series, book #2) - March 26, 2018
- Kid View: The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye (The Crown’s Game series, book #1) - March 21, 2018
- Kid View: Monstrous by MarcyKate Connolly (Monstrous series, book #1) - March 18, 2018
- Kid View: Renegades by Marissa Meyer (Renegades series, book #1) - March 15, 2018
- Xav’s Favs: My Top 30 picks of 2018 - March 10, 2018
- Kid View: The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton - March 4, 2018
- Kid View: The First Rule of Punk by Celia C. Perez - February 5, 2018