Kid View: Prince Of The Elves by Kazu Kibuishi (Amulet series, book #5)
Prince Of The Elves is an imaginative fantasy novel that spends a lot of time going into the past and characters memories. Geared to ages 9 and up because of its violence but it is still an amazing book. If you like reading books with a very action-packed plot and a very defined line between good and evil, you will love this book. Compared to the rest of the Amulet series I think it is in third place, with the second book in first place and the fourth book in second place. Kazu Kibuishi‘s graphics are just so cool and detailed and I always think, how can he make his drawing look exactly the same every time? I think my favorite character is Navin because even though he is young he still believes he can help and has confidence in himself. About half of the book is set in the ether Trellis’s or Max’s memories and past, I feel like it really helps to develop the characters and you start seeing why the people are doing what they are even if it’s not right. Overall, I think this book is an amazing fifth book to this wonderful series.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn small a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Kid View: 14 Hollow Road by Jenn Bishop - January 15, 2018
- Kid View: The Handbook by Jim Benton - January 13, 2018
- Kid View: Refugee by Alan Gratz - January 7, 2018
- Kid View: Xander and the Dream Thief (Momotaro series, book #2) by Margaret Dilloway - December 26, 2017
- Kid View: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter series, book #4) - December 19, 2017
- Kid View: The Ethan I Was Before by Ali Standish - November 25, 2017
- Kid View: Forever Court by Dave Rudden (Knights of the Borrowed Dark trilogy, book #2) - November 24, 2017
- Kid View: Knights of the Borrowed Dark by Dave Rudden (Knights of the Borrowed Dark trilogy , book #1) - November 13, 2017
- Kid View: Feel the Fear by Lauren Child (Ruby Redfort series, book #4) - November 1, 2017
- Kid View: Catch Your Death by Lauren Child (Ruby Redfort series, book #3) - October 12, 2017