Kid View: Ronia, The Robber’s Daughter by Astrid Lindgren
Ronia, The Robber’s Daughter, by Astrid Lindgren is an enchanting tale for middle grades readers of the age 10 and up. It was a very different book than I usually read but it was truly amazing. Actually, this book was recommended to me from my danish bff, she said it was one of her favorites and I would have to agree it is pretty good. Astrid’s writing style is different than the more recent novels I read, you can tell it was written a while ago but it is great all the same. At its heart this story is about love and friendship because of the way Ronia and Birk really help each other and stay together no matter what. I feel like the book gives you a new intake of what it would be like to have a friend that you care for even though it is not allowed. This book wasn’t a love at first sight kind of book but it wasn’t a hate either. Even though the actual book is pretty small, the pages are really dense so they may be to much for young readers or readers who are not the greatest at reading. I think the first part of the book is a bit boring and not much happens but then in the second half there is tons of action and suspense. In this book the word hell is mentioned many times so. Overall, I think this book should definitely become a classic but I think a lot of fantasy readers, like me, probably won’t be as interested in it as some other books. Astrid Lindgren has written many stories but is most known in the US for her Pipi Longstocking books.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn small a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Kid View: 14 Hollow Road by Jenn Bishop - January 15, 2018
- Kid View: The Handbook by Jim Benton - January 13, 2018
- Kid View: Refugee by Alan Gratz - January 7, 2018
- Kid View: Xander and the Dream Thief (Momotaro series, book #2) by Margaret Dilloway - December 26, 2017
- Kid View: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter series, book #4) - December 19, 2017
- Kid View: The Ethan I Was Before by Ali Standish - November 25, 2017
- Kid View: Forever Court by Dave Rudden (Knights of the Borrowed Dark trilogy, book #2) - November 24, 2017
- Kid View: Knights of the Borrowed Dark by Dave Rudden (Knights of the Borrowed Dark trilogy , book #1) - November 13, 2017
- Kid View: Feel the Fear by Lauren Child (Ruby Redfort series, book #4) - November 1, 2017
- Kid View: Catch Your Death by Lauren Child (Ruby Redfort series, book #3) - October 12, 2017