Kid View: The Sleepwalker Tonic by Jason Segel and Kristen Miller (Nightmares! series, book #2)
I love this book just as much as I did the first book in the Nightmares series, they’re just so great! The Sleepwalker Tonic is a fantasy novel for readers ages 9 and up. My favorite character is Poppy because she was very brave and even though she was surrounded by creepy Walkers she stayed to protect her family. Jason Segel and Kristen Miller‘s creativity really shines in this book’s twisted plot and complex characters. The setting they create really lets your imagination flow and by the first page you are hooked. The book is a bit creepy but overall I would say it isn’t to much too handle. If I was the author I think would have made it a bit scarier, but that’s probably only because I like creepy books. I think this book’s clever plot would truly catch most middle grades readers’ attention. I think the reading level of the book may be a bit too high for some readers but in most cases it’s probably fine and there are pictures (that makes all the difference😉). I love this series so much and I think anyone that reads it will love it every bit as much.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn small a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Mark of the Plague by Kevin Sands (The Blackthorn Key series, book #2) - December 13, 2018
- Kid View: The Land of Stories series by Chris Colfer - December 10, 2018
- The Peculiar Incident on Shady Street by Lindsay Currie - September 23, 2018
- Kid View: The Blackthorn Key by Kevin Sands (The Blackthorn Key series, book #1) - August 22, 2018
- Kid View: Scar Island by Dan Gemeinhart - June 20, 2018
- Kid View: Cinder by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles, book #1) - May 3, 2018
- Kid View: The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Bracken (The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding series, book #1) - April 19, 2018
- Kid View: The Silver Mask by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare (Magisterium series, book #4) - April 2, 2018
- Kid View: The Crown’s Fate by Evelyn Skye (The Crown’s Game series, book #2) - March 26, 2018
- Kid View: The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye (The Crown’s Game series, book #1) - March 21, 2018