Kid View: The Sleepwalker Tonic by Jason Segel and Kristen Miller (Nightmares! series, book #2)
I love this book just as much as I did the first book in the Nightmares series, they’re just so great! The Sleepwalker Tonic is a fantasy novel for readers ages 9 and up. My favorite character is Poppy because she was very brave and even though she was surrounded by creepy Walkers she stayed to protect her family. Jason Segel and Kristen Miller‘s creativity really shines in this book’s twisted plot and complex characters. The setting they create really lets your imagination flow and by the first page you are hooked. The book is a bit creepy but overall I would say it isn’t to much too handle. If I was the author I think would have made it a bit scarier, but that’s probably only because I like creepy books. I think this book’s clever plot would truly catch most middle grades readers’ attention. I think the reading level of the book may be a bit too high for some readers but in most cases it’s probably fine and there are pictures (that makes all the difference😉). I love this series so much and I think anyone that reads it will love it every bit as much.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn small a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Kid View: 14 Hollow Road by Jenn Bishop - January 15, 2018
- Kid View: The Handbook by Jim Benton - January 13, 2018
- Kid View: Refugee by Alan Gratz - January 7, 2018
- Kid View: Xander and the Dream Thief (Momotaro series, book #2) by Margaret Dilloway - December 26, 2017
- Kid View: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter series, book #4) - December 19, 2017
- Kid View: The Ethan I Was Before by Ali Standish - November 25, 2017
- Kid View: Forever Court by Dave Rudden (Knights of the Borrowed Dark trilogy, book #2) - November 24, 2017
- Kid View: Knights of the Borrowed Dark by Dave Rudden (Knights of the Borrowed Dark trilogy , book #1) - November 13, 2017
- Kid View: Feel the Fear by Lauren Child (Ruby Redfort series, book #4) - November 1, 2017
- Kid View: Catch Your Death by Lauren Child (Ruby Redfort series, book #3) - October 12, 2017