Kid View: The Lost Lullaby by Jason Segel and Kristen Miller (Nightmares series, book #3)
“So many sheep. So little sleep.”
The Lost Lullaby is an epic conclusion to the thrilling Nightmares! series. It is a fantasy and adventure book that sucks the reader into the pages while they read which makes the book really hard to put down. And even though the book closes up nicely, you still feel like there could be more coming.
Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller create an interesting twist that blurs the line between the fantasy Netherworld and reality. The Netherworld is the place where all nightmares live and act in your nightmare.
The mains theme to this book is trust because Charlie has to learn to trust in his brother and a deadly ghost girl who may or may not be on their side. Though the book may sound a bit scary (with the title Nightmares! and all) but really only a tiny bit creepy and is suitable for ages 10 an up.
I think finally once I’m done reading the book I have decided that my favorite character is India Kessog because she is very mysterious and does everything she could think of to rescue her sister who was trapped in the Netherworld. I think I enjoyed this book because it really doesn’t have a clear ending so whenever I would stop reading I was always like ooh what’s going to happen next? even at the ends of chapters. Overall I think this book is slightly better than the first two, but the entire series is amazing!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn small a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Mark of the Plague by Kevin Sands (The Blackthorn Key series, book #2) - December 13, 2018
- Kid View: The Land of Stories series by Chris Colfer - December 10, 2018
- The Peculiar Incident on Shady Street by Lindsay Currie - September 23, 2018
- Kid View: The Blackthorn Key by Kevin Sands (The Blackthorn Key series, book #1) - August 22, 2018
- Kid View: Scar Island by Dan Gemeinhart - June 20, 2018
- Kid View: Cinder by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles, book #1) - May 3, 2018
- Kid View: The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Bracken (The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding series, book #1) - April 19, 2018
- Kid View: The Silver Mask by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare (Magisterium series, book #4) - April 2, 2018
- Kid View: The Crown’s Fate by Evelyn Skye (The Crown’s Game series, book #2) - March 26, 2018
- Kid View: The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye (The Crown’s Game series, book #1) - March 21, 2018