Bay Area Book Festival 2017!
This was the first time we had ever gone to the Bay Area Book Festival and it was a fantastic book event! As we expected, it was right up our alley. Books. Authors. Signings. More books. Booths. Foodtrucks. Even more Books! I was in book heaven! Even though there weren’t too many middle grades books there, it was still totally epic. And I am definitely going to go back next year!
The first author we went to watch speak was….Cornelia Funke! So cool! She was very inspiring and seemed like a very interesting person in the way she talked about her books, life, and the world. And I mean she is pretty famous in the book universe (a place where bookworms live, such as you and me…by the way, I just made up the book universe two seconds ago. You’re welcome.). Anyway, she was totally awesome!!
The second talk we went to was called Worlds We Create: Young Adult Fantasy Writers on Creating Alternate Realities and Memorable Characters. The authors who were talking were Traci Chee, Lisa Maxwell, Shannon Messenger, and Amy Tinera. All of their books sounded really interesting and I probably just added another five to ten books to my goodreads to-read list just sitting there. That’s never good. They were talking about how they create worlds and characters for their books, and what books they’ve written. But mostly they talked about how they create everything that goes into their books. It was very interesting and inspiring!
Afterward, we bought a book from each author and waited in line to get them all signed. It literally (not literally) took forever! But in the end it was worth it. 🙂
Here I just got the novel, The Reader, signed by Traci Chee. I totally want to read this book as soon as possible! Also the second book to the Sea of Ink and Gold series is coming out in November 7th 2017.
And this is me with…..Shannon Messenger! I got the third book to the Sky Fall series, Let the Wind Rise, signed. For a long time now, I have been wanting to read her other series, Keeper of Lost Cities, and now that I saw her speak at the festival, I have decided I will read them this summer. As for the Sky Fall series, I will read them either this summer or sometime this year! Shannon Messenger is so cool!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn small a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Mark of the Plague by Kevin Sands (The Blackthorn Key series, book #2) - December 13, 2018
- Kid View: The Land of Stories series by Chris Colfer - December 10, 2018
- The Peculiar Incident on Shady Street by Lindsay Currie - September 23, 2018
- Kid View: The Blackthorn Key by Kevin Sands (The Blackthorn Key series, book #1) - August 22, 2018
- Kid View: Scar Island by Dan Gemeinhart - June 20, 2018
- Kid View: Cinder by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles, book #1) - May 3, 2018
- Kid View: The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Bracken (The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding series, book #1) - April 19, 2018
- Kid View: The Silver Mask by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare (Magisterium series, book #4) - April 2, 2018
- Kid View: The Crown’s Fate by Evelyn Skye (The Crown’s Game series, book #2) - March 26, 2018
- Kid View: The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye (The Crown’s Game series, book #1) - March 21, 2018