Kid View: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter series, book #2)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is almost as good as the first one in the Harry Potter series. Almost. But don’t worry, the first book only surpasses this one by a millimeter, which means this book is still five stars and I would still recommend it to everyone of the age 9 or up.
The second book in the famous Harry Potter series that will pull you into the story in the first chapter. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is a fantasy novel about Harry Potter (obviously) who once again has to save his beloved magic school, Hogwarts, from a terrible evil. It is a great novel for fantasy fans, and will be a satisfying read for almost everyone. Personally my favorite character is Albus Dumbledore because he always is very kind and can tell you what he thinks about stuff, which usually helps Harry and his friends around unfair teachers, students, etc., but is also very mysterious. Almost the entire book is based in Hogwarts, besides the little part in the beginning with the Dursleys. Overall I think this book is a great read, just as I hoped, and I think it is a very must must-read (if that’s even a thing) for middle grade readers.
Honestly before I started reading this series I didn’t really know what to expect from J.K Rowling‘s Harry Potter series. I had just heard so much about how great these books are and how everyone should read them at least fifteen times and so on. But the thing I never heard about was what the heck they were about, basically all I knew was that there was a magical school called Hogwarts, there were the characters; Dumbledore and Harry Potter, and that Harry was a wizard. That’s not much compared to the detailed storylines. So I didn’t really know what it would be like reading it, but they definitely met my expectations, whatever they were.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn small a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Kid View: The First Rule of Punk by Celia C. Perez - February 5, 2018
- Kid View: Pick Your Poison by Lauren Child (Ruby Redfort series, book #5) - January 26, 2018
- Kid View: 14 Hollow Road by Jenn Bishop - January 15, 2018
- Kid View: The Handbook by Jim Benton - January 13, 2018
- Kid View: Refugee by Alan Gratz - January 7, 2018
- Kid View: Xander and the Dream Thief (Momotaro series, book #2) by Margaret Dilloway - December 26, 2017
- Kid View: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter series, book #4) - December 19, 2017
- Kid View: The Ethan I Was Before by Ali Standish - November 25, 2017
- Kid View: Forever Court by Dave Rudden (Knights of the Borrowed Dark trilogy, book #2) - November 24, 2017
- Kid View: Knights of the Borrowed Dark by Dave Rudden (Knights of the Borrowed Dark trilogy , book #1) - November 13, 2017