Kid View: Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter series, book #1)
I have been wanting to read this book for so long now! And the day finally came! It was amazing and I can’t wait to read the next books in the Harry Potter series. I rated this review five stars because of the way it sucks you into the story. I think the book is suitable for ages 9 and up, not necessarily in the content just the actual book is very dense. So talking about the content of the book, it is probably fine for the ages 8 and up. I have been looking forward to this series for a very long time (about two years to be exact) and I’d say it DEFINITELY met up with my expectations! I didn’t really know what to expect I have just heard about it every day of my life (ok maybe not the day I was born but every one after that).
I truly don’t know how J.K. Rowling is able to come up with these amazing stories. They are witty, funny, and suspenseful all at the same time. She just really has a talent for writing and is able to use it very well! You can clearly see her creativity shining right through the paper while you’re reading. I don’t know what it is about the book but you just really hang on to every word as if each adds a new layer or mystery into the plot. J.K. Rowling somehow creates so many sides of the story so you never can predict what was about to happen until it is right under your nose (literally!), you’re always thinking, this person did it, I just know! and then three pages later you change your mind! I love these books!
The thing I love about fantasy books is that if you take any made-up creature and stretch it across millions of novels its identity can change so dramatically, which means it doesn’t have to be stuck to old boring self when it can be anything! And this book shows how just a bit of imagination can take books to new extraordinary levels.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn small a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- The Peculiar Incident on Shady Street by Lindsay Currie - September 23, 2018
- Kid View: The Blackthorn Key by Kevin Sands (The Blackthorn Key series, book #1) - August 22, 2018
- Kid View: Scar Island by Dan Gemeinhart - June 20, 2018
- Kid View: Cinder by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles, book #1) - May 3, 2018
- Kid View: The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Bracken (The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding series, book #1) - April 19, 2018
- Kid View: The Silver Mask by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare (Magisterium series, book #4) - April 2, 2018
- Kid View: The Crown’s Fate by Evelyn Skye (The Crown’s Game series, book #2) - March 26, 2018
- Kid View: The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye (The Crown’s Game series, book #1) - March 21, 2018
- Kid View: Monstrous by MarcyKate Connolly (Monstrous series, book #1) - March 18, 2018
- Kid View: Renegades by Marissa Meyer (Renegades series, book #1) - March 15, 2018