Kid View: Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes by Jonathan Auxier (Peter Nimble series, book #1)
Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes is a great page turner that will keep you up late into the night. I absolutely LOVED this book! It was amazing! This book totally made it onto my Xav’s Favs list for 2017. Since I read before I go to bed, the novel had me turning the mysteries over and over in my head trying to figure out what was going on. I can’t say if I liked this book better than the other book by Jonathan Auxier, The Night Gardener, they both were totally epic, but I think I’m leaning more towards this one. Anyways I’ll be sure if Jonathan Auxier comes out with any new middle grade novels that I will read them as quick as possible.
Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes is a fantasy fiction novel about a boy who tries to figure out who he truly is. It’s first book to the unforgettable Peter Nimble series (that is two books). Personally my favorite character is Sir Tode because he adds tons of humor to the story, I laughed out at least a million times (ok maybe I’m being a bit dramatic). There are so many twists and turns the story keeps changing before your eyes, you never see these things coming til they are right under your nose! Most of the book is set in the fantastical places, the Just Desert and the Vanished Kingdom, strangely both places seem very realistic and vivid with depth and dimension of its own. At the book’s heart, it is truly about friendship and courage, and this is shown many times throughout the plot. I think the perfect ages to read this book would be from 10 to 12, after 12 I think it might be a bit too young but it was just right for me! Overall Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes is a great must-read for middle grades readers!
I don’t know how Jonathan Auxier does it, but I can tell he really has a knack for writing. Auxier has also written the books The Night Gardener and The Burning Tide (Spirit Animals: Fall of the Beasts series, book #4). I love Jonathan Auxier’s writing style a lot because it just really sucks you into the story to a point where you can’t put it down. So once again I have to say, this is a must-read for all middle grade readers!
P.S: I love the design on the cover without the book jacket! It is much more interesting than most books! <3<3
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn small a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Kid View: 14 Hollow Road by Jenn Bishop - January 15, 2018
- Kid View: The Handbook by Jim Benton - January 13, 2018
- Kid View: Refugee by Alan Gratz - January 7, 2018
- Kid View: Xander and the Dream Thief (Momotaro series, book #2) by Margaret Dilloway - December 26, 2017
- Kid View: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter series, book #4) - December 19, 2017
- Kid View: The Ethan I Was Before by Ali Standish - November 25, 2017
- Kid View: Forever Court by Dave Rudden (Knights of the Borrowed Dark trilogy, book #2) - November 24, 2017
- Kid View: Knights of the Borrowed Dark by Dave Rudden (Knights of the Borrowed Dark trilogy , book #1) - November 13, 2017
- Kid View: Feel the Fear by Lauren Child (Ruby Redfort series, book #4) - November 1, 2017
- Kid View: Catch Your Death by Lauren Child (Ruby Redfort series, book #3) - October 12, 2017