Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon is a beautiful book written in moments. The main character is essentially a bubble girl and has been living in her home without access to the rest of the world for as long as she can remember. She reads, takes classes online, and has accepted that she will never do normal things like go to High School with other kids.
Then he moves in next door…yes, of course the boy changes everything! Geesh!
Suddenly she wants more. But what does she find?
This is truly a heartwarming story about first love, finding yourself, and LIVING! This book may have you thinking to yourself… Am I truly living?
Tons of quotable text throughout the book but here is one of my favorite passages:
“Be careful,” Olly calls out from somewhere behind me.
I’m not sure what this means in this context. Be careful because I may drown? Be careful because I may get sick? Be careful because once you become a part of the world it becomes a part of you, too?
Because there’s no denying it now. I’m in the world.
And, too, the world is in me.
It’s a fast read because of the format of the book. The story is good + the cover is super pretty! 😉
Grab your copy here. I haven’t seen the movie yet but it released this summer. Hopefully it’s as good as the book!
Update: Enter our Everything, Everything book giveaway until October 11, 2017!
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon - September 26, 2017
- Banned Books Week 2017 - September 23, 2017
- Charity Spotlight: Reading is Fundamental - September 19, 2017
- Books for Adults: The Roanoke Girls by Amy Engel - May 26, 2017
- Books for Adults: Mexico Stories by Josh Barkan - March 6, 2017
- No Beginning, No End: The Intimate Heart of Zen by Jakusho Kwong - February 10, 2017
- Rad Women Worldwide: Artist and Athletes, Pirates and Punks, and Other Revolutionaries Who Shaped History by Kate Schatz - February 7, 2017
- Books for Adults: Sacré Bleu by Christopher Moore - January 29, 2017
- Graphic Novel: In Real Life by Cory Doctorow & Jen Wang - January 11, 2017
- Picture Books: Animals by Ingela P Arrhenius - January 3, 2017