Kid View: Echo by Pam Munoz Ryan
Echo is a very moving novel that is about four kids, Friedrich, Ivy, Mike, and Frankie, who are all living in different time periods, but are all going through very hard times, from family situations to government situations. It shows you their struggles and how hard it is on them to go through all this at such a young age, but even at any age something like this would be hard. It really makes you think how you would deal with that if something that intense suddenly comes upon you.
Echo is a five star book perfect for tweens that I guarantee you will remember long after the final page. I have read this book twice and the reason for that is because the first time I read it I think I was eight or nine so must of the history didn’t make any sense. And I read it again this year because I had learned about all that historical stuff so basically the entire story made sense. So as far as the age range for this book goes, I would say 10 and up, I think it would even satisfy a lot of adults (even my mom wants to read it!). Another reason why I just completely loved this book is because of the beautiful cover! Most books, have a cool book jacket and then a plain cover, BORING! I think this book is probably once of the prettiest books I’ve ever seen in my entire book career!!😉
Other book that you might know by Pam Munoz Ryan are Esperanza Rising and The Dreamer.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn small a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Kid View: The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Bracken (The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding series, book #1) - April 19, 2018
- Kid View: The Silver Mask by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare (Magesterium series, book #4) - April 2, 2018
- Kid View: The Crown’s Fate by Evelyn Skye (The Crown’s Game series, book #2) - March 26, 2018
- Kid View: The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye (The Crown’s Game series, book #1) - March 21, 2018
- Kid View: Monstrous by MarcyKate Connolly (Monstrous series, book #1) - March 18, 2018
- Kid View: Renegades by Marissa Meyer (Renegades series, book #1) - March 15, 2018
- Xav’s Favs: My Top 30 picks of 2018 - March 10, 2018
- Kid View: The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton - March 4, 2018
- Kid View: The First Rule of Punk by Celia C. Perez - February 5, 2018
- Kid View: Pick Your Poison by Lauren Child (Ruby Redfort series, book #5) - January 26, 2018