Kid View: Echo by Pam Munoz Ryan
Echo is a very moving novel that is about four kids, Friedrich, Ivy, Mike, and Frankie, who are all living in different time periods, but are all going through very hard times, from family situations to government situations. It shows you their struggles and how hard it is on them to go through all this at such a young age, but even at any age something like this would be hard. It really makes you think how you would deal with that if something that intense suddenly comes upon you.
Echo is a five star book perfect for tweens that I guarantee you will remember long after the final page. I have read this book twice and the reason for that is because the first time I read it I think I was eight or nine so must of the history didn’t make any sense. And I read it again this year because I had learned about all that historical stuff so basically the entire story made sense. So as far as the age range for this book goes, I would say 10 and up, I think it would even satisfy a lot of adults (even my mom wants to read it!). Another reason why I just completely loved this book is because of the beautiful cover! Most books, have a cool book jacket and then a plain cover, BORING! I think this book is probably once of the prettiest books I’ve ever seen in my entire book career!!😉
Other book that you might know by Pam Munoz Ryan are Esperanza Rising and The Dreamer.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn small a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Kid View: The First Rule of Punk by Celia C. Perez - February 5, 2018
- Kid View: Pick Your Poison by Lauren Child (Ruby Redfort series, book #5) - January 26, 2018
- Kid View: 14 Hollow Road by Jenn Bishop - January 15, 2018
- Kid View: The Handbook by Jim Benton - January 13, 2018
- Kid View: Refugee by Alan Gratz - January 7, 2018
- Kid View: Xander and the Dream Thief (Momotaro series, book #2) by Margaret Dilloway - December 26, 2017
- Kid View: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter series, book #4) - December 19, 2017
- Kid View: The Ethan I Was Before by Ali Standish - November 25, 2017
- Kid View: Forever Court by Dave Rudden (Knights of the Borrowed Dark trilogy, book #2) - November 24, 2017
- Kid View: Knights of the Borrowed Dark by Dave Rudden (Knights of the Borrowed Dark trilogy , book #1) - November 13, 2017