Kid View: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter series, book #3)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling is a pretty good sequel to the Harry Potter series. I personally didn’t like it as much as the first and second books, which actually seems kind of weird because it is darker and creepier than the first ones. The reason I gave it four stars out of five stars is because it didn’t give me that same thrill while reading it, so I knew I couldn’t say it was five stars because then that would mean it was one of my favorite books I’ve read this year. Very complicated. So overall four stars, not too shabby, and I think I would recommend the first two books more often then I would this one but it was still a really good book!
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is about these new horrors out to get Harry and how he is once again having to hope to make it out alive… duhn duhn duhaaa! I wish I could add sound effects! It is a pretty good book I’d say perfect for middle grade readers of the age 10 and up because it is definitely a bar creepier than the first. My favorite part is when Hermione punches Malfoy in the face (I know it sounds gruesome but he deserved it) because well, she’s a girl and because she stood up for herself and her friends. The main theme of the book is friendship even though for most the story, Ron and Hermione don’t really like each other at all and rarely speak, but in the end they have to figure out how to work together. I think the book itself is really hard to put down but I think the ending just wasn’t satisfying enough. But even though I didn’t enjoy this book that much I would still definitely recommend this series to everyone!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn small a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- The Peculiar Incident on Shady Street by Lindsay Currie - September 23, 2018
- Kid View: The Blackthorn Key by Kevin Sands (The Blackthorn Key series, book #1) - August 22, 2018
- Kid View: Scar Island by Dan Gemeinhart - June 20, 2018
- Kid View: Cinder by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles, book #1) - May 3, 2018
- Kid View: The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Bracken (The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding series, book #1) - April 19, 2018
- Kid View: The Silver Mask by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare (Magisterium series, book #4) - April 2, 2018
- Kid View: The Crown’s Fate by Evelyn Skye (The Crown’s Game series, book #2) - March 26, 2018
- Kid View: The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye (The Crown’s Game series, book #1) - March 21, 2018
- Kid View: Monstrous by MarcyKate Connolly (Monstrous series, book #1) - March 18, 2018
- Kid View: Renegades by Marissa Meyer (Renegades series, book #1) - March 15, 2018