Kid View: Catch Your Death by Lauren Child (Ruby Redfort series, book #3)
The third book in the Ruby Redfort series tops off the series with flying colors! I don’t know what happened! It left the first two books in its dust. Catch Your Death never got boring for a second and it held me in suspense, always wondering what will happen next.
It is a mystery and adventure book that is full of action and complex characters. I don’t think I’ve ever read any books that are anywhere close to this book, in style and just pure awesomeness! I think this book would be geared toward ages 10 and up only because there are a lot of dark themes and violence, one example is when there is a guy who is found dead floating in the reservoir. The main character is obviously Ruby Redfort, given the entire series is named after her. And I absolutely love her she is a daredevil and will never give up until the death of her, which she has come too close to, too many times for anyone’s comfort especially a thirteen year old girl. But even through all the epicness, some parts are still a little unclear (I had to re-read them a few times).
Overall Lauren Child did an amazing job on this book and the rest of the series and I absolutely love her books!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn small a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Kid View: The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Bracken (The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding series, book #1) - April 19, 2018
- Kid View: The Silver Mask by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare (Magesterium series, book #4) - April 2, 2018
- Kid View: The Crown’s Fate by Evelyn Skye (The Crown’s Game series, book #2) - March 26, 2018
- Kid View: The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye (The Crown’s Game series, book #1) - March 21, 2018
- Kid View: Monstrous by MarcyKate Connolly (Monstrous series, book #1) - March 18, 2018
- Kid View: Renegades by Marissa Meyer (Renegades series, book #1) - March 15, 2018
- Xav’s Favs: My Top 30 picks of 2018 - March 10, 2018
- Kid View: The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton - March 4, 2018
- Kid View: The First Rule of Punk by Celia C. Perez - February 5, 2018
- Kid View: Pick Your Poison by Lauren Child (Ruby Redfort series, book #5) - January 26, 2018