Kid View: Refugee by Alan Gratz
Refugee is an amazing middle grades/young adult book that blew me away. I had been wanting to read it for a long time and then it was chosen for my school book club so I got a copy. OH MY GOSH! It is one of the best books I read all year! I love the way everything tied together in the end and it showed what friendship and family truly means. It really gave me a clear view into other people’s lives and how even now this stuff is still going on around us even if we don’t realize it at first. I really appreciate this book and I am so glad I found the time to read it.
I would say Refugee is best for ages 11 and up and I think that even if you’re an adult you would still very much enjoy it. The book is about three kids who are living in a time where their home country is not safe for some reason or another. They are forced to flee on dangerous paths because they believe that there are better places and times ahead. It is a very moving story and I can guarantee you will not forget it.
Other books you might know by Alan Gratz are Prisoner B-3087 and Ban This Book, but don’t worry there are more!
Also, if you want to look at other books I enjoyed as much as this one, check out my Xav’s Favs list! 🙂
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn small a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Kid View: The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye (The Crown’s Game series, book #1) - March 21, 2018
- Kid View: Monstrous by MarcyKate Connolly (Monstrous series, book #1) - March 18, 2018
- Kid View: Renegades by Marissa Meyer (Renegades series, book #1) - March 15, 2018
- Xav’s Favs: My Top 30 picks of 2018 - March 10, 2018
- Kid View: The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton - March 4, 2018
- Kid View: The First Rule of Punk by Celia C. Perez - February 5, 2018
- Kid View: Pick Your Poison by Lauren Child (Ruby Redfort series, book #5) - January 26, 2018
- Kid View: 14 Hollow Road by Jenn Bishop - January 15, 2018
- Kid View: The Handbook by Jim Benton - January 13, 2018
- Kid View: Refugee by Alan Gratz - January 7, 2018