Kid View: Refugee by Alan Gratz
Refugee is an amazing middle grades/young adult book that blew me away. I had been wanting to read it for a long time and then it was chosen for my school book club so I got a copy. OH MY GOSH! It is one of the best books I read all year! I love the way everything tied together in the end and it showed what friendship and family truly means. It really gave me a clear view into other people’s lives and how even now this stuff is still going on around us even if we don’t realize it at first. I really appreciate this book and I am so glad I found the time to read it.
I would say Refugee is best for ages 11 and up and I think that even if you’re an adult you would still very much enjoy it. The book is about three kids who are living in a time where their home country is not safe for some reason or another. They are forced to flee on dangerous paths because they believe that there are better places and times ahead. It is a very moving story and I can guarantee you will not forget it.
Other books you might know by Alan Gratz are Prisoner B-3087 and Ban This Book, but don’t worry there are more!
Also, if you want to look at other books I enjoyed as much as this one, check out my Xav’s Favs list! 🙂
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn small a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Kid View: 14 Hollow Road by Jenn Bishop - January 15, 2018
- Kid View: The Handbook by Jim Benton - January 13, 2018
- Kid View: Refugee by Alan Gratz - January 7, 2018
- Kid View: Xander and the Dream Thief (Momotaro series, book #2) by Margaret Dilloway - December 26, 2017
- Kid View: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter series, book #4) - December 19, 2017
- Kid View: The Ethan I Was Before by Ali Standish - November 25, 2017
- Kid View: Forever Court by Dave Rudden (Knights of the Borrowed Dark trilogy, book #2) - November 24, 2017
- Kid View: Knights of the Borrowed Dark by Dave Rudden (Knights of the Borrowed Dark trilogy , book #1) - November 13, 2017
- Kid View: Feel the Fear by Lauren Child (Ruby Redfort series, book #4) - November 1, 2017
- Kid View: Catch Your Death by Lauren Child (Ruby Redfort series, book #3) - October 12, 2017