Kid View: The Handbook by Jim Benton
This book was really funny and good. Regularly I probably wouldn’t have picked this book up and read it but it was actually really good. The Handbook was recently sent to me by Jim Benton’s agency (which was super cool!). At first I thought it would be a little bit too young for me since I’m right in between middle grade and young adult. But actually it was perfect and I really enjoyed it!
Jim Benton has a really good sense of humor and The Handbook has very interesting descriptions for certain things. A good example of this is on page 8 it says, “throw open the front door, and start howling like a baboon with its tail caught in a lawn mower.” That is just great! I was laughing about that for a long time!
I recommend this book to every kid around the age of 10 to 12. It is really good!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn small a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Kid View: Cinder by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles, book #1) - May 3, 2018
- Kid View: The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Bracken (The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding series, book #1) - April 19, 2018
- Kid View: The Silver Mask by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare (Magesterium series, book #4) - April 2, 2018
- Kid View: The Crown’s Fate by Evelyn Skye (The Crown’s Game series, book #2) - March 26, 2018
- Kid View: The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye (The Crown’s Game series, book #1) - March 21, 2018
- Kid View: Monstrous by MarcyKate Connolly (Monstrous series, book #1) - March 18, 2018
- Kid View: Renegades by Marissa Meyer (Renegades series, book #1) - March 15, 2018
- Xav’s Favs: My Top 30 picks of 2018 - March 10, 2018
- Kid View: The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton - March 4, 2018
- Kid View: The First Rule of Punk by Celia C. Perez - February 5, 2018