Kid View: The First Rule of Punk by Celia C. Perez
The First Rule of Punk is one of the best books I have read this year. I love how Malú is always defying what’s considered “normal” and she’s just super cool and inspiring.
Celia C. Perez creates a very inspiring and beautiful novel that you will forever remember. It tells the story a half Mexican girl who tries to fit in at her new school after moving to Chicago. But upon meeting some new friends, she realizes some things are worth standing up for.
I recommend this book to every 6th grader out there. I think middle school is the perfect time to read this book, but anyone older would defiantly enjoy this book loads too.
I was totally inspired with Malú’s way of expressing herself through her zine making so … HERE’S MY ZINE!!!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn small a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- The Peculiar Incident on Shady Street by Lindsay Currie - September 23, 2018
- Kid View: The Blackthorn Key by Kevin Sands (The Blackthorn Key series, book #1) - August 22, 2018
- Kid View: Scar Island by Dan Gemeinhart - June 20, 2018
- Kid View: Cinder by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles, book #1) - May 3, 2018
- Kid View: The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Bracken (The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding series, book #1) - April 19, 2018
- Kid View: The Silver Mask by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare (Magisterium series, book #4) - April 2, 2018
- Kid View: The Crown’s Fate by Evelyn Skye (The Crown’s Game series, book #2) - March 26, 2018
- Kid View: The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye (The Crown’s Game series, book #1) - March 21, 2018
- Kid View: Monstrous by MarcyKate Connolly (Monstrous series, book #1) - March 18, 2018
- Kid View: Renegades by Marissa Meyer (Renegades series, book #1) - March 15, 2018