Kid View: The First Rule of Punk by Celia C. Perez
The First Rule of Punk is one of the best books I have read this year. I love how Malú is always defying what’s considered “normal” and she’s just super cool and inspiring.
Celia C. Perez creates a very inspiring and beautiful novel that you will forever remember. It tells the story a half Mexican girl who tries to fit in at her new school after moving to Chicago. But upon meeting some new friends, she realizes some things are worth standing up for.
I recommend this book to every 6th grader out there. I think middle school is the perfect time to read this book, but anyone older would defiantly enjoy this book loads too.
I was totally inspired with Malú’s way of expressing herself through her zine making so … HERE’S MY ZINE!!!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may earn small a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Kid View: The First Rule of Punk by Celia C. Perez - February 5, 2018
- Kid View: Pick Your Poison by Lauren Child (Ruby Redfort series, book #5) - January 26, 2018
- Kid View: 14 Hollow Road by Jenn Bishop - January 15, 2018
- Kid View: The Handbook by Jim Benton - January 13, 2018
- Kid View: Refugee by Alan Gratz - January 7, 2018
- Kid View: Xander and the Dream Thief (Momotaro series, book #2) by Margaret Dilloway - December 26, 2017
- Kid View: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter series, book #4) - December 19, 2017
- Kid View: The Ethan I Was Before by Ali Standish - November 25, 2017
- Kid View: Forever Court by Dave Rudden (Knights of the Borrowed Dark trilogy, book #2) - November 24, 2017
- Kid View: Knights of the Borrowed Dark by Dave Rudden (Knights of the Borrowed Dark trilogy , book #1) - November 13, 2017